Thursday, September 1, 2011

Fair Time Again

Last year was our first experience with the Tulsa State Fair and it was a blast. If you are a homeschooler and you live in the area you have to check it out. They host Oklahoma's Largest Classroom which is a fantastic field trip you don't want to miss.

Last year Chloe and I entered the competitive art exhibits. She entered one division for acrylic painting. She painted this picture of me.


I entered these two in the mixed media division, one was in the birds/animals category and one was portrait/figure. I took first place for one of them, but I can remember which one.



This year we all joined in the fun. We pulled out the crayons, paints, paper and canvas and went to town as a family. The kids had a blast! I can't wait to see all of them beaming with pride as we visit the fair this year and they see these precious works of art hanging on display for all the visitors to enjoy. I'm so proud of my little artists.


Below in order: Sadie Age 4 Acrylic, Nevie Age 6 Crayon, Caibry Age 7 Acrylic, Chloe Age 9 Acrylic, Me (I am not confessing my age are you nuts?!!) mixed media.



Is this enough eye candy for one post? I think so. Speaking of candy, the fair has loads of yummy food too. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment